- Best selling products
- Vigna umbellata/ Chi Xiao Dou (16oz)
Vigna umbellata/ Chi Xiao Dou/Rice Bean(16 oz)
It is harvested in Summer or Autumn when the seeds have ripened. The flavor is slightly sour, sweet, pleasant. It enters the Heart, Spleen, Small intestine meridians. Actions: Diuretic. The nature of this herb is to move downward and relieve edema by causing the water or dampness [edema] to be drained from the body. (innerpath.com.au)
Chì Xiăo Dòu Translation: Dark Red Little Bean
Promotes Urination and Reduces Swelling
For edema, ascites, abdominal swelling and fullness, urinary difficulty and leg qi edema due to water accumulation. It regulates the water circulation of the body.
Clears Damp Heat and Relieves Jaundice
For mild jaundice due to accumulation of damp heat.
- Disperses Blood Stagnation, Reduces Swelling and Toxins, Drains Pus. . . For Erysipelas, carbuncles, furuncles, sores, lesions and toxic swellings. It will drain pus, reduces swelling and enhance recovery.
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
- It leaches the yin and yang fluids
- Do not use in Yin Deficiency cases or those without dampness
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- Overdose can lead to miscarriage. Allergic reactions are reported including pruritus, flushing, nausea and vomiting, palpitations, and urticaria
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 10-30 grams in decoction. It can be used internally or topically
- 9-30 grams in decoction
From the manufacturer:
Chixiaodou, alias: adzuki bean, red rice bean, rice bean, meringue bean, chishan bean, mainly used in Chinese medicinal materials, often mixed with red beans, has the effects of hydration, reducing swelling, detoxification, and pus removal. Chixiaodou can be used to cook rice, porridge, and make red bean soup. It is often used to make red bean paste as a filling, which is delicious.
Other fine products