- Best selling products
- Sea Cucumber #672 16oz
尺寸 Size：20 ~ 25 支/磅
Sea Cucumber #672
Size：20 ~ 25 pieces/pound
Sea cucumbers are ocean dwellers, though some inhabit the shallows and others live in the deep ocean on or near the ocean floor—sometimes partially buried beneath it. The dish is a prized seafood delicacy throughout south Asia, the Philippines, Japan, Australia, the Pacific, the Caribbean, France (beche de mer) and Portugal. The preparation takes several days of soaking and cooking and their nutritional value is exceptional. Sea Cucumber is often cooked in elaborate Chinese New Year soups.
Sea cucumbers are rich in protein, niacin, and riboflavin and contain substances that influence human health, including:
- Chondroitin sulfate (found in human cartilage)
- Coelomic fluid (which functions similarly to human white blood cells)
- Palmitic, stearic, and linoleic acid (fatty acids with potent antioxidant effects)
- Squalene (a compound that acts as the precursor to steroids)
- Triterpenoids (a class of compounds thought to slow cancer growth)
Alternative practitioners prevent and treat a wide range of health disorders with sea cucumber, including arthritis, cardiovascular disease, constipation, erectile dysfunction, periodontitis gum disease and certain types of cancers. Sea cucumber fights inflammation, promotes wound healing, and slows the aging process.
Cautions: Sea cucumber has blood thinning effects (It reduces harmful cholesterol) It should be avoided by persons who have shellfish allergies. Avoid it or use under the direction of a doctor during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Other fine products