日本鹿儿岛 有机抹茶 GJ05190
This organic matcha has a crisp, astringent character with an aroma like a breeze through a field. As usucha, pair this brisk matcha with sweets at teatime. Or, add milk and use it for your daily matcha latte. This tea is great for everyday, light-hearted matcha use.
Matcha is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves. It is special in two aspects of farming and processing: the green tea plants for matcha are shade-grown for about three weeks before harvest and the stems and veins are removed in processing. During shaded growth, the plant Camellia sinensis produces more theanine and caffeine. The powdered form of matcha is consumed differently from tea leaves or tea bags and is dissolved in a liquid, typically water or milk.
How to Brew
- Start with filtered water for the best brew.
- You will need: a matcha whisk, a tea bowl, a matcha spoon or teaspoon, and a matcha strainer (optional)
- Add 2 scoops or 1 teaspoon of matcha to the bowl. A strainer may be used to sift the matcha free of clumps. Adjust amount of matcha to your preferences.
- Slowly add 1/3 cup of hot water (~175°F).
- Lightly press the matcha whisk into the bowl and whisk in a quick back and forth motion until a smooth layer of foam is created.
- Enjoy immediately!
Note: The method above is to make usucha, or thin tea. The way to prepare matcha for the tea ceremony is known as koicha, or thick tea.