Fruit of Grosvenor Momordica
Lo Han Guo (羅漢果), also known as "Monk Fruit", used in TCM over thousand years. Chinese loves to use it to make herbal tea or stew soup for the treatment of cough, sore throat caused by lung infection or by a cold due to seasonal weather variations.
1. Crush 1 pc Lo Han Gou shell
2. Add about 1 liters of water in the pot,
3. Put in the crushed Lo Han Gou (shell and seeds) into the the water and bring to boil under high heat
4. Once boiled, turn to medium heat and boil another 20 ~ 30 minutes.
5. After cold down, filter with strainer, the dross can be boil for the second time from 45 to 1 hour.
6. You can enjoy when it warm, or you can store in refrigerator, it can keep about 2 ~ 3 weeks.
7. Please note that the Lo Han Gou is sweeter than the sugar. If you find it's still too sweet, you can add hot or cold water to dilute.
8. Some people will boil it with other herbs, such as goji berries, dried longan, chrysanthemum.