Common Lophatherum Herb, Common Lophatherum
Some health benefits of bamboo leaves include:
- Balances body cholesterol. A bamboo leaf is rich in dietary fiber.
- Anti-tumor. ...
- Soothes urination. ...
- Promotes overall wellness and health. ...
- Treatment of stomach disorders. ...
- Keeps the skin healthy. ...
- Promotes hair and nail health. ...
- Prevents birth disorder. ...
Bamboo leaf tea:
- Relieves symptoms of constant thirst resulting from major heat-related illnesses
- Eases canker sores and painful urination
The taste is sweet and mild, and it is cold in nature. The dry stems and branches with leaves, 30 to 60 cm in length. The stem is yellowish, hollow, flattened, and cylindrical, with a diameter of 1 to 2 mm; it is knotted, sheathed in the stem, and has long white pilose along the edge. Leaf-blades are lanceolate, shrunken and curled, 5-20 cm long, 2-3.5 cm wide, cyan or yellow-green, glabrous or pubescent on both sides, parallel veins, with obvious small transverse veins, light and light weak.
The ones with green color, large leaves, few stalks, no roots, and flower spikes are better. They enter the Heart, Lung, Gallbladder, and Stomach meridians.
Effects: To clear the heart and reduce inflammation, remove irritability, and facilitate urination. Bamboo leaf has been used to cure fever, thirst, upset, red and astringent urine, turbidity, mouth ulcers, swelling, and painful gums.
Dosage: Oral administration: Decoction, 9~15g.
Those who have no real fire or damp-heat should take it with caution, and those who are weak and cold should not take it.