日本静冈 紫峰抹茶#1126 (4 oz)
Made from stone-ground select Sencha shaded two weeks prior to harvest, Matcha Shihou boasts the full benefits of green tea since you consume the entire leaf. It is a higher grade of matcha compared to our Premium version with more nuanced flavors. Matcha is traditionally used in Japanese tea ceremonies, but you can also use it in recipes or add milk and sugar for a nice latte.
How to Brew
- Start with filtered water for the best brew.
- You will need: a matcha whisk, a tea bowl, a matcha spoon or teaspoon, and a matcha strainer (optional)
- Add 2 scoops or 1 teaspoon of matcha to the bowl. A strainer may be used to sift the matcha free of clumps. Adjust amount of matcha to your preferences.
- Slowly add 1/3 cup of hot water (~175°F).
- Lightly press the matcha whisk into the bowl and whisk in a quick back and forth motion until a smooth layer of foam is created.
- Enjoy immediately!
Note: The method above is to make usucha, or thin tea. The way to prepare matcha for the tea ceremony is known as koicha, or thick tea.